The Joliet Chapter was chartered Nov. 13, 1946, (35 years after the first national chapter was chartered in Detroit) and met for years weekly at the old Woodruff Hotel. But meeting once a week to exchange business ideas wasn’t the only item on the agenda. Longtime members, including businessman Bill Lipsey, renowned veterinarian Cecil “Doc” Ingmire and George Kosak, clothier to thousands, took up causes such as sustaining the fledgling Trinity Services and supporting the youth at Guardian Angel Home, then primarily an orphanage, which now offers services for abused women and children. We remain close with those longtime not-for-profit friends.
For more information on the full background and history of the Exchange Club Organization, visit the National Exchange Club.